COVID UPDATE: 3-Day Lockdown in Queensland
As per the Queensland Health directive, the following will be effective from 1800 today, Tuesday 29 June, for QFG‘s facilities in Southeast Queensland and Townsville, which includes all sites except Mackay and Cairns:
- Clinical and diagnostic services will continue as scheduled, and staff involved in these activities should continue to attend work
- nurse talks and counselling sessions should be moved to Zoom where possible to reduce patient contact
- Only patients may enter our facilities, not visitors or partners
- semen sample collection for IVF cycles will need to occur off site
- Patients and staff need to be screened for temperature and symptoms prior to entry to our facilities
- People with a temperature of greater than 37.5, fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, had a loss of taste or smell, have visited a known hotspot, or have been directed to be tested or quarantined, please do not enter our facilities and self-isolate until a negative COVID test has returned
- Face masks must be worn by all staff and patients at all times – please bring in your own mask if you have one, otherwise we can provide one when you arrive
- Staff who are not involved in clinical or diagnostic services and are able to work from home, should do so until advised otherwise. For example this may apply to our Finance, 1800, BDM and IT teams.
These directions will be reviewed on Friday 2 July.
Thank you for your assistance and understanding.