Donor Conceived People
QFG acknowledges the importance for donor conceived people to have the ability to access information about their origins. You may have always known that your parent(s) accessed a donor through QFG, or you may have only become aware of this more recently.
You may wish to have specific information only about the donor and/or siblings, medical information, proof of your conception, or perhaps you would like as much information as possible. Whatever your circumstances may be or what information and connections you may be seeking, we are here to offer our support.
How do I request information?
Please read and complete the QFG Request for Release of Information from the Donor Program form and return it to the QFG Donor Team ([email protected]) with as much information as possible. If you do not have all the details requested, please do not worry - we can work together with what you know. We encourage you to accept the offer of a free counselling support and information session.
- Donor Conceived Australia (DCA) is the peak body for donor-conceived people in Australia. DCA is completely independent of all fertility clinics. DCA are a national, not for profit charitable organisation led by donor conceived people, offering support, information, and advocacy on behalf of people conceived by Assisted Reproductive Treatments (ART)-including sperm, egg, and embryo donation throughout Australia, and those affected by donor conception. If you would like to find out more, please visit https://donorconceivedaustralia.org.au
- GP’s for a mental health care plan and referral for free sessions with a psychologist
- Phone the mental health access line 1300 MH CALL (1300 642 255), a confidential mental health telephone triage service for Queenslanders that provides the first point of contact to public mental health services.
- Lifeline: Counselling services for anyone at anytime. Phone 13 11 14
- beyondblue: Information and referral for depression and anxiety. Phone 1300 224 636