Rachel’s childhood was spent in rural Queensland, so coming back from the city to settle in Toowoomba was a very natural progression both personally and professionally. Her family is from the Darling Downs and her husband, Adam, is a Stanthorpe vet and farmer. Rachel will be taking over Dr John Esler’s Gynaecology and Fertility practice from January 2022.
Throughout her training Rachel has fostered her enthusiasm for gynaecology and fertility through various specialty roles. Following her Obstetrics and Gynaecology training in Melbourne, Rachel was selected for a two-year AGES (Australian Gynaecological Endoscopy and Surgery) Fellowship. This role specialised in the management of endometriosis, pelvic pain and abnormal bleeding as well as the development of skills in advanced laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. During this time, she was awarded the prestigious AGES Travelling Fellowship Award as well as two research grants which were used to investigate pelvic pain and laparoscopy as well as surgical complications.
Alongside the QFG team Rachel will provide comprehensive fertility options including ovulation induction, IUI, IVF and donor treatments. She has completed a Masters in Reproductive Medicine with Excellence through The University of NSW and most recently she has spent time alongside Dr John Esler in his practice.
The QFG Toowoomba success rates are amongst the highest in the country.
Rachel endeavours to ensure her patients have access to evidence-based professional advice in a relaxed safe space.
Awards and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) James Cook University
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists FRANZCOG
- Two-year Australian Gynaecological Endoscopy and Surgery Society Fellowship AGES Society
- Masters of Reproductive Medicine with Excellence (MRMed) The University of NSW
- Graduate Certificate in Surgical Education (GCertSurgEd) The University of Melbourne
- AGES Society Travelling Fellowship Award AGES Society
- Awarded two AGES Society Clinical Research Grants used to investigate pelvic pain and laparoscopy as well as surgical complications AGES Society
- Mick McLoughlin Memorial Prize for Rural Medicine James Cook University