Take positive steps towards managing your treatment
At Queensland Fertility Group, our specialist counselling is an essential part of our support services, and is generally provided free of charge to all patients after they see one of our fertility specialists.
Every Queensland Fertility Group clinic has at least one Fertility Counsellor, a professional Psychologist, Psychotherapist or Social Worker with additional expertise in Reproductive Medicine Counselling. They are all members of the Australian and New Zealand Infertility Counsellors Association (ANZICA) and the Fertility Society of Australia (FSA).
During your counselling session, which can be on your own or with your partner, you could discuss any of the following issues:
- Preparing for fertility treatment, and making decisions about your treatment
- Impact on relationships
- Coping with unsuccessful treatment cycles and/or pregnancy losses
- Coping with emotions around other people’s pregnancies, births and children
- Talking about how your family, friends and colleagues behave or react
- Specific concerns related to donor treatment cycles, or feelings of anxiety or loss of control
You can make a counselling appointment at any time during your treatment by phoning your clinic.
Our Fertility Counsellors
We have experienced fertility counsellors available throughout Queensland.
|Brisbane:||Elise Atkinson and Fiona McDonald|
|Gold Coast:||Jane Morgan|
|Sunshine Coast:||Barb Wood|
For more information about managing the stress of infertility download our Managing the Stress of Infertility Booklet below. This booklet talks about being diagnosed with infertility, how to cope with IVF and how to communicate with your partner, family and friends.