Supporting you throughout your treatment
Your Queensland Fertility Group Fertility Nurse provides constant support and day-to-day advice throughout the ups and downs of your fertility treatment.
After meeting your specialist for the first time, you can make an appointment to see a Nurse Coordinator. She’ll discuss your treatment plan, answer your questions and help support you throughout your journey.
The nursing team at your clinic will:
- Provide you with information about your treatment and explain any terminology or options you’re not sure about
- Show you and your partner how to administer any drugs you need to take as part of your treatment
- Assist in the collection of blood for hormone tests as required
- Liaise with your fertility specialist to confirm the next steps in your treatment
- Arrange appointments with our infertility counsellor as needed
- Follow up on your egg collection and embryo transfer
- Organise your pregnancy test
IVF involves a number of daily injections for a short period of time, which you need to administer yourself using a simple device similar to a diabetic pen. Your nurse will show you how to use this, and can help you with any concerns – most patients find it quite easy to use and it causes minimal discomfort.
From conception to delivery
Queensland Fertility Group has a team of 29 nurses in our 13 clinics throughout Queensland. Many are experienced midwives or have an extensive women’s health background. When they join us they undergo additional training in fertility care.